Every property transaction, be it buying, selling, or renting has a mutualistic tie with ‘timing’. You should wisely choose an apt time to either invest in property or dispose away your property. Just how buying a property is crucial; selling your property is also the same. Eventually, what might be good for the buyers might be bad for the sellers. Here are some effective tips for property selling.
– Gauge the market: With real estate being a volatile industry, you will have to put in a lot of effort to know the appropriate timing and market rates before selling your property. Based on these factors only can you proceed to put up your property for sale. Ensure that you sell your house while you are in a good position to bag a great offer.
– Should you seek a real estate agent: Based on your situation you can hire a real estate agent, if necessary. Although you might have to pay a considerable amount to the agent, your home for sale will be likely to be more visible to potential buyers through the agent. However, it is also important that you choose the right agent by speaking to other people who have hired the same agent to sell their properties. You can also check for the agent’s authenticity by surfing through his website and comparing it with others. On the other hand, you can also save thousands by carrying out the sale process by yourself.
– Research and analyze property prices in your locality: Location plays a vital role in deciding property prices. Aspects like the facilities available, the connectivity and the infrastructural changes near the property create an impact on property prices. To make the most of your property sale, review the prevailing listings in your area and chalk out a strategic price range. You can also ask your real estate agent to provide you with your locality and the neighboring locality’s prevailing property prices. Other factors like the property size, condition etc., should also be considered while pricing the property. Avoid pricing your property ahead of the prevailing market rates. Be open to multiple offers and compare the pros and cons of each offer. You can also seek your real estate agent’s help before striking the deal.
– Marketing your property: An effective marketing can definitely save you of all the future costs and will get you a prospective buyer sooner than expected. Start by marketing your property in daily classifieds in the ‘houses on sale’ section and get glossy brochures printed with complete property details, including the floor plan, the amenities and more, to be distributed amongst the buyers. Making it more alluring, you can take high quality photographs of your property and upload it on real estate portals. Taking advantage of the social networking sites, you can Facebook your home listings or simply spread a good word-of-mouth. Also you can put up a ‘For Sale’ sign in front of your house. However, describing your property with attractive keywords such as ‘a heavenly abode for parents and children’, ‘property closer to the business centers’ or a ‘developed place for a modern lifestyle’ can help you to a certain extent.
– Prep up your property for sale: Ship-shaping your home for sale is one of the most important factors to be acted upon.
For interiors: Begin with cleaning your property’s nook and corner and getting rid of the grime and dust. De-clutter your home and organize all the rooms, storage spaces, counters and shelves or simply pack everything in wooden crates to be unpacked later. Hire a professional cleaning agency or simply get your home white washed. Fix all the repairs like broken light fixtures and others in the interiors of the property; replace all the leaky taps, fill in those cracked walls and chipped tiles. Repaint your home to give it a fresh-cut image. Caulk and clean the windows, dispose away any unused/extra furniture and empty the property of all the wall hangings, trinkets and upholstery which can be quite distracting to the buyer. Keep it simple and neat and avoid having your pets around when a prospective buyer does rounds on your property. Avoid having any soiled furniture/object on the property which might put-off the buyer.
For exteriors: Start by painting your home exteriors, pruning and cleaning the garden. Remove all the clutter from your garden and even the land. Since the entrance is a prominent area, place yellow colored potted plants to increase the flow of positive energy. Common areas, pathways, fences, corridors and terraces should also be cleaned, painted and repaired.
Gear yourself up: Not many of us willingly let go of our homes that we are emotionally attached to for a long time. Make it easier for yourself and the buyer by dis-associating yourself with your house on sale. Doing this will prevent you from restraining the buyer from making any changes to your property. Keep your entire property papers organized and clipped to make home buying an easier process.